Rang in the New Year surrounded by friends and a guy crazy enough to be my partner in crime.
Ah, 2016… yes, it wasn’t all golden.
Rather than focus on the bad (of which there was a lot), I decided to think about all the cool things that happened over the past year.
Firsts in 2016:
- Went to first powwow
- Made first cosplay prop (Ripley’s gun from Aliens)
- There was an incident with a hot glue gun.
- Went to first renaissance festival
- Went to first Oktoberfest
Celebrated in 2016:
- Turned 32
- Celebrated 10 years with my dude
- Having been teaching VO for 3 years
Events in 2016:
- Saw Flight of the Conchords
- Mike Birbiglia made me Thank God For Jokes
- Had fun at Perot Museum
Work in 2016:
- Officially went into indie publishing (stay tuned for details)
- Was featured in the Dallas Observer
- Spent 200+ hours in the booth
- Reunited as That Anime Show for a Tokyo In Tulsa live panel
- Yuko Tachikawa had her big Parasyte episode on Cartoon Network’s Toonami block
- Stepped out of my comfort zone as far as vocal range
- Fukuda in Girls und Panzer der Film
- Juri in Handa-kun
- Madoka Kuki in When Supernatural Battles Became Commonplace
- Pig Macaron on Season 2 of Show By Rock!!
- Went camping in Maine
- Saw Stephen King’s house (kept a respectable distance)
- Did a Pokemon Go Pub Crawl
- Started the Harry Potter series (on Book 7!)
- Saved an owl’s life after it broke a wing
- Read 3 to 7 books a week
Favorite Film of 2016: Rogue One
Favorite Television Show of 2016: Stranger Things
Go-To Band of 2016: I Will Never Be The Same
Favorite Book of 2016: The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon
… it has been quite a year.
Let’s hope 2017 doesn’t disappoint!